Setting up a drip sequence of emails is super simple using Zapier and will save you a ton of time. You can trigger them when something key happens in your business, such as winning a new client. Having an automated drip of emails means that you’ll never worry about forgetting something and can be sure that your customers receive a standard welcome sequence with all the important information they need.
Our video shows how to use Zapier to set up a simple drip email sequence
Our new video shows just how easy it is to set up a simple email sequence using Zapier. In our example, we connect Pipedrive and Gmail without using any code. We also use some of Zapier’s pre-built integrations to format data and automatically delay certain steps.
The beauty of this zap is that you can trigger a series of emails in one place, using the delay functionality to spread them out over a few hours, days or even weeks. You can design the email content and personalise it using data from the Pipedrive trigger. The email can be plain text or HTML, and if you’re not confident writing HTML then we recommend using WordHTML as a super simple way of getting the code you need.
The Zapier steps to create a simple email sequence
Our video takes you through each step in the process of automating an email sequence.
The steps are:
- Create a trigger event for when a deal is won in Pipedrive.
- Split the person’s name into forename and surname using the Formatter By Zapier app.
- Delay for 1 hour using the Delay By Zapier app.
- Send a Gmail email.
- Delay for 3 days using Delay By Zapier.
- Send the second Gmail email.
- Delay for 1 week Delay By Zapier.
- Send the third Gmail email.
Watch the video and subscribe to our YouTube channel
Other apps you can integrate to automatically send an email sequence
Although our example uses Pipedrive and Gmail you can use other CRMs and email platforms.
Salesforce is one example, and Hubspot is another, and both can be connected to over 6,000 other apps using Zapier. Other email platforms include Microsoft Outlook and Email by Zapier, Zapier’s inbuilt email application.
You are really only limited by your imagination as there are so many options for adding more steps to this zap, to extend it further. One of our previous video tutorials demonstrates a seven-day sales cadence using Zapier.
Save time and grab our pre-built Zap template
More Youtube tutorials
We have other Youtube video tutorials which will help you work smarter, not harder.
- How to automate a 7 day sales cadence
- How to create and send a bespoke sales proposal PDF from your CRM
- How to automatically add contacts to ActiveCampaign from Pipedrive
- How to calculate lead to customer conversion time
- How to automatically save contact form submissions in a spreadsheet
- How to automate the creation of a Trello checklist for handling Twitter engagements
Our other resources
We also have plenty of free resources:
- Our free e-book is the perfect introduction to business automation.
- Our Zapier functions cheat sheet delves into the powerful inbuilt helper apps which can supercharge your automations.
- A free checklist to help you justify an automation budget.
- Use this link for a 30-day free trial instead of 14 days with Pipedrive.
And finally, our founder / chief problem solver / chief automator Kelly Goss’ new book, Automate It with Zapier, is out now and is the most comprehensive Zapier guide on the market. It will get you up and running and to the stage where you can build and debug advanced automations. Buy your own copy today directly from publisher Packt using this link. Or here are links to Amazon (.co.uk) and Amazon (.com) if you prefer.
Read more about how our certified experts use Zapier workflow automations to simplify processes and increase efficiency.
Solvaa is a process and automation consultancy specialising in improving sales, operations and financial administration workflows. We help you to simplify and streamline existing processes, integrate your business tools to make data transfer more efficient and automate manual tasks to increase productivity. We are Zapier Certified Experts, Pipedrive Certified Experts and Xero Certified Advisors.
Contact us today to discuss how Solvaa can help you simplify, improve and automate all aspects of your business with Zapier to save you time, reduce costs and keep you agile as you grow.