Creating a structured sales cadence is vital when prospecting for new business. If you don’t follow up leads, or adopt a haphazard approach then they are less likely to convert into sales. A sales cadence is a series of activities where you contact a person or organisation to persuade them to buy your product or service. The activities can range from phone calls, emails and social media messages to personal video messages and SMS. It’s a good idea to test what works best, for the method of communication and the timing of each contact point.
This example from Cognism demonstrates how they introduced a rigorous sales cadence workflow for B2B lead generation, starting with a LinkedIn connection but using other contact methods to increase engagement and deliver results. They tested various approaches and then once they found the most successful cadence they implemented it for all B2B prospecting.
This article from Hubspot reinforces the importance of scalability for sales cadences, and having a documented, structured workflow. This makes the process much more efficient and effective, leading to an increased success rate.
Using automation to create a seven day sales cadence when a new deal is added to Pipedrive reduces manual effort and limits human error. You will never send the same email twice by mistake, or forget a step in the process.
Our video for automating a sales cadence of activities in Pipedrive
We created a video to show how easy it is to automate a sales cadence of activities in Pipedrive for new deals using Zapier.
These are the steps in the video:
- The trigger step is the creation of a new deal in Pipedrive.
- We then add a filter step to map to the sales pipeline.
- We then create steps for each activity in the sales cadence, the first of which is a phone call after 2 hours.
- The next activity is an email on day 2.
- Then we add an SMS on day 3.
- Then a LinkedIn message on day 5.
- Finally, we schedule a phone call on day 7.
When this zap is activated the sales cadence will be created for every new deal in Pipeline, saving manual effort and ensuring that the same process is followed every single time.
Watch the video and subscribe to our YouTube channel
Using Zapier to create sales cadences in other CRMs
Although our example uses Pipedrive, Zapier integrates with a range of CRM systems including Salesforce. Watch out for a Salesforce automation video that we will be adding soon, but in the meantime here is a list of Zapier integrations for Salesforce.
Save time and grab our pre-built Zap template
More Youtube tutorials
We have other Youtube video tutorials which will help you work smarter, not harder.
- How to use Zapier to send a simple drip email sequence
- How to create and send a bespoke sales proposal PDF from your CRM
- How to automatically add contacts to ActiveCampaign from Pipedrive
- How to calculate lead to customer conversion time
- How to automatically save contact form submissions in a spreadsheet
- How to automate the creation of a Trello checklist for handling Twitter engagements
Our other resources
We also have plenty of free resources:
- Our free e-book is the perfect introduction to business automation.
- Our Zapier functions cheat sheet delves into the powerful inbuilt helper apps which can supercharge your automations.
- A free checklist to help you justify an automation budget.
- Use this link for a 30-day free trial instead of 14 days with Pipedrive.
And finally, our founder / chief problem solver / chief automator Kelly Goss’ new book, Automate It with Zapier, is out now and is the most comprehensive Zapier guide on the market. It will get you up and running and to the stage where you can build and debug advanced automations. Buy your own copy today directly from publisher Packt using this link. Or here are links to Amazon (.co.uk) and Amazon (.com) if you prefer.
Read more about how our certified experts use Zapier workflow automations to simplify processes and increase efficiency.
Solvaa is a process and automation consultancy specialising in improving sales, operations and financial administration workflows. We help you to simplify and streamline existing processes, integrate your business tools to make data transfer more efficient and automate manual tasks to increase productivity. We are Zapier Certified Experts, Pipedrive Certified Experts and Xero Certified Advisors.
Contact us today to discuss how Solvaa can help you simplify, improve and automate all aspects of your business with Zapier to save you time, reduce costs and keep you agile as you grow.