Zapier’s chatbots feature has graduated from its first version into beta, so if you’ve been thinking about creating your own AI chatbot, now’s a great time to take the plunge! In this article, we’ll cover how to create your chatbot and everything else that you need to know to get started. If you’re unsure how a chatbot can help your business, we’ll look at some examples at the end of the article.
Build and customize your AI chatbot
- Role: give the chatbot a role, who are they supposed to represent? A customer service rep? A friend in the marketing business?
- Objective: what is the main goal of the chatbot? Helping to sell products to users? Being a resource for new team members?
- Audience: tell the chatbot who it will be talking to. This provides the bot with an understanding of what is relevant for its users.
- Context: giving the chatbot additional information (for example, your services, a description of your business, etc.) again helps it to find relevant information.
- Style: consider if it should reply with a specific format, such as bullet points or headers. You can also add information about tone of voice if you haven’t already covered that in the role of the bot.
- Data source: if you’re using an external data source, give the bot details about the source, what it contains, etc.
- Additional rules: add anything else the chatbot should consider when replying. Is there anything that it absolutely should or shouldn’t do (that isn’t already covered by the rules of OpenAI).
Add your own data source to the chatbot
- From the Chatbots dashboard, click the name of the chatbot to open the bot setup.
- Click the “Data” tab.
- Click “+ Add source”.
- Click “Browse files”.
- Find and select the source file you want to use.
- Click “Add source”.
Adding actions to an AI chatbot
Publishing your chatbot
With a paid plan, you can embed a chatbot inline or as a popup anywhere you like. When you are in the chatbot editor, click on the “Embed” button in the top right corner to open a window with your options.
How can an AI chatbot help you?
The sky’s the limit when it comes to the possibilities of creating a chatbot. Below are a few ideas to get you started.
Providing supportive employee feedback
Creating an interactive internal knowledge base
Reduce your overwhelm with our automation training programme
And finally, if you’re really keen to reduce your overwhelm and transform your business using automation, then visit the Solvaa Automation Academy. Our signature training programme, ‘Simple Automation Blueprint: Zero to Hero’ is aimed at anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of business process automation from the experts – a sure-fire way to recession-proof your business.
It’s an 8-week blended learning course with on-demand videos, templates, resources and weekly group coaching sessions. And it’s more than just a Zapier course (although we do show you how to use Zapier like a pro) as you’ll learn about Process Mapping, Business Process Improvement and Business Process Management too – principles that can be applied to other areas of business too!
Whether you are a complete novice or have been using Zapier for a while, our programme is for you. It’s perfect for individuals and teams in micro, small and medium-sized businesses, including solopreneurs, consultants and freelancers. You’ll have access to our experts and can participate in live calls where you can ask all your burning questions, as well as hands-on workshops to keep you on track with implementing your new skills. We run regular cohorts so there will be an opportunity for everyone to participate.
Our head trainer, Kelly Goss, is a specialist in business systems, process improvement and automation, and one of less than 100 Zapier Certified Experts in the world. Kelly has many years’ experience in optimising systems and processes, and implementing automations for clients and is now passing on her knowledge to students through our trademarked ‘4-Step Solvaa Automation Methodology®‘.
Find out more via our dedicated Solvaa Automation Academy website.
Solvaa is a process and automation consultancy specialising in improving sales, operations and financial administration workflows. We help you to simplify and streamline existing processes, integrate your business tools to make data transfer more efficient and automate manual tasks to increase productivity. We are Zapier Certified Experts, Pipedrive Certified Experts and Xero Certified Advisors.
Contact us today to discuss how Solvaa can help you simplify, improve and automate all aspects of your business with Zapier to save you time, reduce costs and keep you agile as you grow.