Part 2 - Using AI to create Zaps and Zap actions
Reminder: These features are currently in beta and may change. Some are only available to users who are part of Zapier’s Early Access program. Some are available to all users, but you will need to agree to an additional set of terms and conditions to use them.
Building a Zap using the AI builder
After some thinking, you will be presented with a Zap that the AI thinks will do what you’ve described. If you’re starting from the dashboard, click the Try it button to open the Zap as a draft in the Zap editor.
Tips for using the AI Zap builder
- Phrase your statement as ‘When x happens in [app], do y in [app], this makes it easier for the AI to understand what you’re trying to do.
- Include what should trigger the Zap (e.g. “When I get a new lead, send me a message”)
- Mention the apps you want to use (e.g. “When I get a new lead in Facebook Lead ads, send me a Slack message”)
- Be specific! If you want something to be included, specify that in the Zap (e.g. “When I get a new lead in Facebook Lead ads, send me a Slack message. Include the name and company of the lead in the Slack message”)
- If the Zap doesn’t look right, tweak the wording in the box and click Try again
Things to watch out for
Using AI to help complete steps in the Zap editor
When you click on that, after some time to think, the AI provides some suggestions for what to add to the fields of the Zap. These suggestions are shown in boxes underneath the fields (see image below). When you click on a suggestion, it will be added to the field.
AI actions in the Zapier Chrome extension
Using the AI action builder
- Select the Zapier Chrome extension icon in your browser, click on the Actions (beta) tab, and then click on the Set up action button.
- In the new browser window that appears, click the Add a new action button.
- Set up your Zapier Chrome extension action by mapping the fields.
Use the buttons below to get your copy now!
Reduce your overwhelm with our automation training programme
And finally, if you’re really keen to reduce your overwhelmand transform your business using automation, then visit the Solvaa Automation Academy. Our signature training programme, ‘Simple Automation Blueprint: Zero to Hero’ is aimed at anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of business process automation from the experts – a sure-fire way to recession-proof your business.
It’s an 8-week blended learning course with on-demand videos, templates, resources and weekly group coaching sessions. And it’s more than just a Zapier course (although we do show you how to use Zapier like a pro) as you’ll learn about Process Mapping, Business Process Improvement and Business Process Management too – principles that can be applied to other areas of business too!
Whether you are a complete novice or have been using Zapier for a while, our programme is for you. It’s perfect for individuals and teams in micro, small and medium-sized businesses, including solopreneurs, consultants and freelancers. You’ll have access to our experts and can participate in live calls where you can ask all your burning questions, as well as hands-on workshops to keep you on track with implementing your new skills. We run regular cohorts so there will be an opportunity for everyone to participate.
Our head trainer, Kelly Goss, is a specialist in business systems, process improvement and automation, and one of less than 100 Zapier Certified Experts in the world. Kelly has many years’ experience in optimising systems and processes, and implementing automations for clients and is now passing on her knowledge to students through our trademarked ‘4-Step Solvaa Automation Methodology®‘.
Find out more via our dedicated Solvaa Automation Academy website.
Solvaa is a process and automation consultancy specialising in improving sales, operations and financial administration workflows. We help you to simplify and streamline existing processes, integrate your business tools to make data transfer more efficient and automate manual tasks to increase productivity. We are Zapier Certified Experts, Pipedrive Certified Experts and Xero Certified Advisors.
Contact us today to discuss how Solvaa can help you simplify, improve and automate all aspects of your business with Zapier to save you time, reduce costs and keep you agile as you grow.